Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Discovering Siem Reap's Blue Pumpkin

Sometime November 2010 (Siem Reap, Cambodia). I was excited to go out and discover the beauty of the temples but not before a proper breakfast. B had just arrived from Kuala Lumpur and we were both ready for the busy day ahead of us. After making arrangements for our transportation, off we went to Blue Pumpkin located near the Old Market. It's like their local version of Starbucks because you can find it in many places around the city.




Blue pumpkin has two floors. On the ground floor you'll see the pastries on display. And there are a lot to choose from. I got overwhelmed with the variety of breads and cakes being sold.


Right opposite the pastry display is the coffee and juice bar. Nothing sets your morning right than a good cup of steaming coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice.


You may opt to order items to-go but if you're in the zone for a more relaxed breakfast, check out the second floor. Think lounge seating, huge comfy, white pillows and free wifi. What else can you ask for, right?


Their food was just ok for me.  Something that would take me through the day and satisfy my hunger pangs plus it's budget-friendly.  Although I wasn't too happy with my Croque Monsieur and B wasn't impressed with their quiche, don't right off Blue Pumpkin just yet because the serve the yummiest ice cream in Siem Reap.

 

I don't have pictures of the ice cream but I remember buying all the time wherever it was available - whether it's at the night market, the silk farm or at the cafe across Angkor Wat.  Plus, there's no better way to cool down after a long day's tour around the marvelous temples than having a scoop or two of their vanilla and strawberry delights. Oh and their chocolate ice cream is also good.

I found out that they just opened a branch in Phnom Penh which I yet have to visit.  Didn't have much time to discover new places at the capital city that time around.  Anyway, in case you're there, do check it out as well.

http://www.tbpumpkin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment