Friday, September 24, 2010

Metropole's Chocolate Buffet and Afternoon Tea

Sometime 2007. I am on a roll with my posts about Vietnam.  I know this is way too late but I am hoping that it will help anyone who is on the look out for good places to try in Hanoi.

I've written about the Sunday buffet at the Metropole, specifically their dessert spread.  You can also try the chocolate buffet or the afternoon tea or even both at the Le Club also at the Metropole.



The chocolate buffet is everyday from 3 pm to 5:30 pm.  I paid around $12 for the chocolate buffet three years ago. I can't remember how much the afternoon tea cost.  But it is all worth it.  

I should have taken more photos but I was busy trying out each mouth-watering dessert.

Brownies



They also had ice cream and hot chocolate similar to our batirol.   I remember asking them if I could buy the powdered chocolate to take back home to Manila.  It was too bad they they only have limited stock of this so they couldn't sell me any.

 
I tried the chocolate orange slivers, truffles, macaroons, chocolate tart, brulee.  They had the chocolate fountain too and a variety of fruits-starwberries, kiwi, etc. There was so much more.  Don't expect to have dinner after this.


Before I continue further, let me just say that the Sofitel, Metropole should not be compared to the Sofitel here in Manila.  It's close to sacriligious. The buffet at Spiral despite having the longest spread is not comparable to the limited albeit first-class food served at the Metropole.  So many Filipinos are raving about Spiral.  I went there for our Christmas dinner and it was a let down if you compare it to what is served at the Metropole.  I bet you that it won't even pass the standards of the chefs at the Metropole.  Sorry but it's true.  I digressed.  But I had to give you a comparison of what you can expect at the Metropole.

I also tried the afternoon tea and I really love the small chocolate that goes with the tea.

Along with it comes a variety of cakes , sandwiches and fruit.  I obviously didn't finish all of this.  But it made me happy despite a heavy workload.  Ok, I agree this is one of the perks of my job. 


If staying at the Metropole is too steep for your budget, at least try the chocolate buffet and afternoon tea.  You won't regret it.





No comments:

Post a Comment